GDL Air Systems is a privately owned manufacturer and supplier and air distribution systems. Our UK head office and manufacturing facilities are based in Glossop, Derbyshire.
We recognise that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably impact on the environment in a number of ways, eg. waste generation, use of natural resources and CO2 emissions.
As a responsible company we are fully committed to continual improvement in our environmental performance and taking all reasonably practicable steps to prevent environmental pollution and reduce our impact on the global environment.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Complying with, and where possible exceeding, the requirements of all relevant legal and other requirements.
- Taking appropriate measures to prevent pollution and minimise nuisance.
- Establishing and maintaining a management system based on the requirements of ISO14001 and auditing
our environmental performance.
- Developing improvement programmes based on the setting and reviewing of annual objectives and targets,
which address our significant aspects (and impacts).
- Making more efficient use of resources by improving raw materials, energy & fuel efficiency and minimising
- Providing information and training to all employees and persons working for, or on our behalf to encourage
effective contribution to our environmental goals.
- Ensuring that employees at all levels and persons working for, or on our behalf take into account environmental
issues when planning, implementing and undertaking projects.
- Communicating this policy to all our employees, persons working for or on our behalf, interested parties and
members of the public.
The Operations Director has overall responsibility for implementing this policy and ensuring that the business
is compliant with all UK environmental legislation.
Day to day activities within production & warehouse areas are controlled by the works manager.